The ASEAN CSR Vision 2020 Small Grants Fund is offered by the ASEAN CSR Network with the support of the Government of Sweden through its Embassy in Bangkok. It is designed to provide access to supplementary funding to local and regional organizations who are engaged in work to promote Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and with an interest to link their work to regional objectives.
2. Eligibility of Criteria
There are three sets of eligibility criteria, relating to:
B. Project / Activities
In order to be eligible, the applicant must be a legal entity and be one of the below organisations:
- Local business associations and CSR networks in ASEAN
- ASEAN NGOs and civil society organisations
- Regional bodies engaged with ASEAN
- Academic Institutions and Centres
In addition, applications from the following applicants will not be considered:
- If the applicant has been declared bankrupt any time in the past 3 years
- If the applicant has been in any negative press over the past 3 years
ACN may require registration documents from the Applicant to prove eligibility.
B. Project / Activities
To be eligible, the project and / or activities will need to meet the following criteria:
- Relevance to ‘ASEAN CSR Vision 2020’ objectives and desired outcomes
- Contribution to regional development goals and addressing regional challenges
- Clearly defined operational objectives, target groups and planned tangible outcomes which must be able to produce specific, measurable results
- Opportunities for regional participation/ outreach are strongly encouraged
Here are the Themes or Topics (not not limited to):
Types of Activities:
- Total proposed funding shall be for a minimum of SGD 3,000 and maximum of SGD 10,000
- Funding shall be for a maximum period of 6 months (even if the Project is projected to run longer)
- Funding will be for a maximum of 90%
- Administrative or indirect costs such as administrative staff, office space, grant management should not exceed 15% of eligible costs
- Please note that there is a list of costs that are not eligible. Please refer to Small Funds Guidelines for more information.
3. How to Apply
Understanding objectives and priorities of the ASEAN CSR Vision 2020 will be helpful in drafting Project Proposal
Incomplete application will be disqualified
For more information, please see EDM
4. Screening and Selection of Applications
The ACN Secretariat will be responsible for screening the proposals to ensure that they meet the necessary eligibility criteria as well as other guidelines. After which, they will be shortlisted and submitted to the "Grand Awards Committee".
The "Grant Awards Committee" will be make the final decisions and this could be based on available funding as well as the number of proposals received.
Successful applicants will be informed of the result by 15 June 2017.
5. Contribution Agreement and Fund Disbursement
Successful applicants will be offered a Contribution Agreement (see Annex C for a sample of this Contribution Agreement). By signing this, the applicant agrees to acccept the terms and conditions stated in the agreement.
80% will be disbursed within 2 weeks upon signing of the agreement and the remaining 20% will be disbursed upon submission of the Final Project Report.
6. Monitoring and Evaluation
A Final Project Report shall be submitted within 1 month upon completion of the Project (see Annex D for Final Project Report sample). It will need to be accompanied by a Financial Report (see Annex B for a sample on a Detailed Activity Based Budget and Timeline).
As and when it is required, ACN will require a mid term update from the Applicants on the project.
7. Useful Information
In addition to the above mentioned Annexes which you can download for samples of forms, here are some useful information which you can download as well. This will provide more information on this grant.
- Small Grants Fund Guidelines
- Project Proposal Form (Annex A)
- Detailed Activity Based Budget (Annex B)
- Contribution Agreement (Annex C)
- Final Project Report (Annex D)
- ASEAN CSR Vision 2020 overview
For Small Grants Fund Round 3, 10 organisations from eight ASEAN countries have been awarded the ASEAN CSR Vision 2020 Small Grants Fund offered by the ASEAN CSR Network with the support of the Government of Sweden through its Embassy in Bangkok.
This is the third round of funding awarded and the recipients included:
- Cooperation Committee for Cambodia (Cambodia)
- Yayasan Tambuhak Sinta (Indonesia)
- Fair Trade Laos (Lao PDR)
- Transparency International Malaysia (Malaysia)
- Myanmar Responsible Tourism Institute (Myanmar)
- Center of Social Responsibility, University of Asia and the Pacific (Philippines)
- Integrity Initiative, Inc (Philippines)
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (Philippines)
- Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics (Singapore)
- Center for Environment and Community Research (Vietnam)
- Yayasan Indonesia Lebih Baik (YILB) (Indonesia)
The Small Grants Fund is to provide supplementary funding to local and regional organisations who are engaged in work to promote Corporate Social Responsibility and with an interest to link their work to the ASEAN CSR Vision 2020 initiative. Successful recipients will receive project funding up to SGD10,000.
All projects shall be for a 6-month period ending no later than 30 June 2017.
The list of past award recipients can be found here.