The ASEAN CSR Vision 2020 Small Grants Fund is offered by the ASEAN CSR Network with the support of the Government of Sweden through its Embassy in Bangkok. It is designed to provide access to supplementary funding to local and regional organizations who are engaged in work to promote Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and with an interest to link their work to regional objectives.
Who can apply?
- Local business associations and CSR networks
- NGOs and civil society organizations
- Regional bodies engaged with ASEAN
- Academic Institutions and Centres
Businesses, consultancies, government agencies, and individuals are NOT eligible to apply.
How to apply?
ACN has tried to simplify the application process. Simply follow the following steps:
- Download the Project Proposal Form and fill it up.
- Applications are open from now to 15 August 2016
- Project implementation period: From Oct 2016 onwards
Selection Process and Fund Disbursement
- Funding decisions will be made and conveyed to applicants by 30 September 2016
- For successful applicants, ACN reserves the right to request for a more detailed Work Plan and Budget prior to the signing of an agreement. A standard grant agreement shall be signed by both parties before project implementation can begin. The Project officially begins on the date the agreement has been signed by both parties.
- ACN shall disburse 90% of the agreed funding amount within 2 weeks of the signing of the agreement.
- The remaining 10% shall be disbursed upon submission and review of the Project Final Report, which is to be submitted within 30 days upon completion of the Project.
- More details on project selection and project implementation guidelines can be found in the Framework document below. Please read the document carefully to get a better idea of the process.
A. Projects should show:
- Relevance to ‘ASEAN CSR Vision 2020’ objectives and desired outcomes
- Contribution to regional development goals and addressing regional challenges
- Clarity on the project objectives and results logic
- Opportunities for regional participation/ outreach
- Value for Money (incl. co-funding availability)
B. Activities to be funded must be related to the following work areas:
C. Priority topics include, but not limited to:
- Total proposed funding shall be for a minimum of SGD 3,000 and maximum of SGD 10,000
- Funding from this grant must be utilized within a period of 6 months (even if the overall Project is projected to run longer)
- Funding will be for a maximum of 80% of total project cost (including financial and in-kind contributions from the proponent and/or other sources)
E. Tips in developing your proposals:
- One-off events, such as stand-alone workshops or conferences, are generally not approved. When proposing funding for events, show a clear link on how the event contributes to a longer-term program or objective.
- The review committee, in its previous deliberations, has shown a clear preference for proposals that deliver outputs that will be useful beyond the duration of the project. For example, publishing research & survey results and developing training modules. Be careful though not to repeat what has already been done by others.
- Proposals that are able to show broad multi-stakeholder partnerships and support are looked upon favourably. Don’t be shy to name who your key partners and supporters are, and what they have committed/intend to contribute to the project.
- Since the SGF only provides short-term supplemental funding, be realistic about the goals you can accomplish over the 6-month implementation period. It is great to have ambitious long-term goals and we encourage you to tell us about them, but do also make it clear how supplemental funding in the short-term will help.
This section contains the various forms and information that you would need to proceed with your application:
- Small Grants Fund Framework
- Project Proposal Form
- Final Project Report
- ASEAN CSR Vision 2020 overview
For any additional inquiries, please contact:
For Small Grants Fund Round 3, 10 organisations from eight ASEAN countries have been awarded the ASEAN CSR Vision 2020 Small Grants Fund offered by the ASEAN CSR Network with the support of the Government of Sweden through its Embassy in Bangkok.
This is the third round of funding awarded and the recipients included:
- Cooperation Committee for Cambodia (Cambodia)
- Yayasan Tambuhak Sinta (Indonesia)
- Fair Trade Laos (Lao PDR)
- Transparency International Malaysia (Malaysia)
- Myanmar Responsible Tourism Institute (Myanmar)
- Center of Social Responsibility, University of Asia and the Pacific (Philippines)
- Integrity Initiative, Inc (Philippines)
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (Philippines)
- Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics (Singapore)
- Center for Environment and Community Research (Vietnam)
The Small Grants Fund is to provide supplementary funding to local and regional organisations who are engaged in work to promote Corporate Social Responsibility and with an interest to link their work to the ASEAN CSR Vision 2020 initiative. Successful recipients will receive project funding up to SGD10,000.
All projects shall be for a 6-month period ending no later than 30 June 2017.
The list of past award recipients can be found here.